William Macintyre took victory at Round 6 of the LGM Championship, held at Whilton Mill. Macintyre was followed over the line by team mate Freddie Slater, who held off the fight from Arvid Lindblad in 3rd.

Date 29/7/18
Event Little Green Man
Track Whilton Mill

In Heat 1, Macintyre was victorious from 6th on the grid, ahead of team mate Leo Robinson. Maxwell Dodds rounded off the podium for the first race of the day for ORM. Bart Harrison recorded his best finish to date, crossing the line in 5th, with Slater 8th, Archie Clark 16th, Vinnie Phillips 21st and William McLean 29th.

Track limits were strictly clamped down on over the weekend, and taking full advantage of this was Sonny Smith, who won Heat 2. Brandon Carr and Charlie Hart completed the podium at a very wet Whilton Mill circuit. Oliver Wright was the first of the Fusion drivers to cross the line in 5th, ahead of Robinson in 8th. Despite finishing 11th on the road, Aiden Neate picked up a nose cone penalty, demoting him to 21st, followed closely by Harrison in 24th and McLean in 33rd.

Macauley Bishop won heat 3 ahead of Smith in 2nd and the charging Slater in 3rd. Macintyre was the next team driver to cross the line in 9th, ahead of Clark in 10th. Phillips (12th) made up 7 places to 12th, however Wright (17th), Neate (18th) and Harrison (27th) all received nose cone penalties demoting them from they’re finishing position on track.

Lindblad took victory in the final heat of the day ahead of Shaw and Brandon Carr. Robinson was enjoying his time at the sharp end of the field, coming home in 4th, just ahead of Macintyre (5th) who started down in 30th. Wright finished 14th, ahead of Clark in 15th, however it was another nose cone penalty that cost Neate (18th) a stronger result than he deserved. Slater was caught up in an incident during the race, as he finished down in 25th, whilst Phillips (26th) was also a victim of a 10 second nose penalty.

Having secured Pole Position for the final, Macintyre earn’t himself a bonus 3 points before the final started. On a dry track, the Fusion driver quickly made a gap to the chasing pack. However, closing him down were the trio of Lindblad, Keeble and Carr. A fast starting Neate was also making his way through the pack from 27th. As the end of the race drew closer, the ORM trio eventually closed the gap to Macintyre and passed him. However, reluctant to give up, Macintyre and now on the scene, Slater went head to head with ORM boys, and it was the Fusion duo that conquered. Macintyre crossed the line in 1st, whilst Slater fended off the onslaught from behind to secure 2nd, ahead of Lindblad in 3rd. Neate charged through to finish 6th after a very impressive drive. Phillips was just outside the top 10 in 11th, followed by Wright (16th) Clark (17th), Harrison (21st) and Robinson in 30th who unfortunately had to pull in after damage sustained from an incident mid race.

Pictures –